Courtesy of http://sambayer.com.
New in the last month
Since I ain't omniscient, I've added a links section for other acoustic open mike and venue lists.
- There's a Boston open mike mailing list you can subscribe to on Yahoo. I try to post open mike updates to this list.
- You can also subscribe to the NorthEastFolk group on Yahoo, whose calendar has started to list the local open mikes, as well as other recurring songwriter series.
- There are a couple open mike pages here and here which also cover Celtic, jazz and blues, it seems. There are a few stale listings, but also some I'm not familiar with. There's an email address for updates, if you choose.
- If cabaret is more your speed, check out the open mikes section at BACA.
- There's a national open mike listing, generously maintained by Paul Roub. He's on the record as agreeing with me.
- WUMB maintains a list of upcoming folk events and venues.
- The folks at townonline.com maintain a wonderful, informative site about coffeehouse activity in eastern Massachusetts.
- The folks at Shenandoah Music have constructed a nationwide list of open mikes.
- And here's one from the Bay Area: http://www.bayareaopenmics.com/.